Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Amish Country

This is for my son Craig. Horse Drawn Buggie with a boat behind it. Go figure. I'm not sure about all the Amish rules, but I guess that this is OK. And once again if you click on any of the pics you will get the full effect of the picture.
Shopping at the local grocery store. Grocery store, I'm trying to figure out why they need it. Wash Day Work Horse Gathering pumpkins or gourds not sure. These are the tiny horses that the children learn to drive their carts with. We saw some yesterday but, since they really ban taking pics. I just hated to do it. (Plus I don't have my good camera with me) I could have snuck some good ones in if I had it. This is a phone booth. Amish don't allow phones in their houses, but they have these along the roads. I think they are only suppose to be used when neccesary. Present day school. They get there by the bikes, unless the parents drop them off in their buggies and come back and get them. I guess the buggies you see in the pic were the teachers and the horses are somewhere out in a field. This school is K-8th grade. That is as far as they are aloud to go. If they seek any further education they are banned from the Amish community. Nice Barn The rest of these pics are at a place called Amish Farms. The main house and barns are original, built in the late 1800's, some of the other buildings were moved there, from other Amish Farms. School House School Room
Horse drawn School Bus Childrens clothes that you still them in today. They didn't use to have closets so they hung their clothes on pegs around the wall. Horse drawn farm equipment The origianl Amish house on this farm. The Dawdi Haus or (Grandparents House) on this farm. Original barn that was built on this farm in the 1800's The next few pics are of barnyard friends
Buddy's new friend Oh, don't stop!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanksgiving Dinner

No comments: