Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Little Red Hen

How many of you gardeners out there feel like the Little Red Hen? You ask "Who will help me plant the seeds?" "Not I" said Kristin. "Not I" said John. "Not I" said Craig. "Not I" said Jamie. "Not I" said the grandsons. Then I said, "I will do it myself!" "Who will help me weed the garden?" "Not I" said Kristin. "Not I" said John. "Not I" said Craig. "Not I" said Jamie. "Not I" said the grandsons. "Then I said, "I will do it myself. "Who will help me pick the garden?" "Not I" said Craig. "Not I" said Kristin. "Not I" said John. "Not I" said Craig. "Not I" said Jamie. "Not I" said the grandsons. Then I said, "I will do it myself!" "Who will help me can the vegetables?" "Not I" said Kristin. "Not I" said John. "Not I" said Craig. "Not I" said Jamie. "Not I" said the grandsons. Then I said, "I will do it myself!" "Who will help me eat the canned food?" "I will" said Kristin. "I will" said John. "I will" said Craig. "I will" said Jamie. "I will" said the grandsons. Then I said, "NO, I WILL EAT IT MYSELF" :) Just kidding I will share. Guess all the labor of pulling weeds is worth it, the canning is the easy part. Greens beans should be ready to can by next week.
This eventually.............
Turns into this
Salsa Jalapeno's Bread & Butter Pickles Zucchini Relish (My Aunt Ruby's recipe) Pickled Squash & Onions Dill Pickle Spears

2 comments:

Craftysis7 said...

Not I said Sissy but, I will help you eat it too!! jk, Haha, that was cute, wish I lived closer I would come help you after work. Thanks for what you have sent me, it has been great!! See ya Saturday!!

Love ya,

Kristin said...

Hey i have a really good excuse-i can't bend over to pick weeds! :)