Friday, September 4, 2015

Carlsbad Caverns-Day 10

Today started out by going up our last mountain. This one was only 8,700 in elevation.
 I think the pony has seen the last of twisty turns after getting off this mountain.
 Guess I never thought of there being snow in New Mexico, but this is the ski lift to the top where they ski in the winter in Cloudcroft, NM
 After dropping down to 4,500 ft. you are still on top of a plateau for miles and miles.
 There was nowhere to stop for over 50 miles. 
 Made it to Carlsbad Caverns
 Road up to the entrance of caverns.
 I'm so disappointed in my pictures. I didn't want to carry my big camera in, so took my small one and the flash wasn't working. There is no way to explain how it really looked inside. Much more than I would have expected. The pictures we took on our phones were much better than these.



















 After leaving there, all we saw for 100 miles was oil rigs. The road we took from the caverns to next gas was over 50 miles. You have to be careful when driving out here.

 Very straight roads. on Hwy 285 Two lane road with 75 MPH speed limit signs.
 Buddy loves driving on the Texas interstates. I looked down at the GPS and at one point he was doing 97 MPH
 Then for miles and miles all we saw were these.

I know we have to be home Monday and Texas is a big state to get across. Who knows where we will be tomorrow.

No comments: