Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. As most everyone, we are all starting off dieting. I think everyone in the family is trying to lose weight. I fixed a pretty much Weight Watcher friendly meal tonight. We had Chicken Stir Fry. Yeah, I know most of you think that is fattening, but really it isn't if you fix it at home. I still keep the chicken and veggies separate only because of John. We still haven't convinced him that they are actually good and good for you. And there were plenty of veggies in there (Broccoli, celery, carrots, asparagus, snow peas, mushrooms, onion) I just remembered that I forgot to put the red pepper in there, OOPS. Oh well. Anyway, I also had brown rice and stir fry rice, roasted red potatoes, egg rolls and salad. I also fixed cucumber and onion salad using vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and SPLENDA. I mainly fix that for DAD, he loves that stuff. I didn't even fix dessert. A few had some WW ice cream though. The only report of weight loss that I got was from John, which has lost 6 lbs. I only weigh in once a week, so will find out on Monday. We missed Craig this week. He has been having to work at nights on the job he is doing. His sweet little wife took him some leftovers. He is working on the other side of Nashville from here, so that was sweet of her to take him some dinner. He also got to see the boys for awhile. We are really missing Jeremy being here too. Mom, got a letter from him yesterday. He is doing good in boot camp, but I think it is a little harder than he thought it was going to be. I know he is going to come back a stronger and well adapted man. He doesn't have access to the computer and the only way to communicate is through mail, so I'm going to send him some pics each week.
Now on a more serious note. A dear friend of ours (Bill Wharton) was diagnosed with Acute Lymphonic Leukemia in April of 2007. He went through all the gut wrenching treatments and was on his way to recovery. He went in Tuesday for a bone marrow biopsy. They told him yesterday the leukemia is back, and gave him the choice of whether to go home or try the bone marrow transplant. He is going to go through with the transplant. They had tested his brother last year, and he is a perfect match. I'm not sure when it will all take place, but I just wanted everyone to keep him and his family in your prayers. Also, another friend of mine from church (Debbie Mathews) has a son that has just been diagnosed with MS. His name is Madison and he just graduated from college the week before Christmas. They are still doing tests on him, to see the extent of it. So I would like you to keep that family in your prayers also.
Pawpaw and Kristin after dinner. Hope they got enough to eat. This is Mr. Entertainment Papaw and his boys. Every Thursday is like Christmas to him, when he gets to play with them. Trying to get a pic with grandmother. That is a no can do when you stop them from playing. Not sure what's up with Mr. GQ here. Boy, what a pose. Jamie and John kicked back Trevor and Mitchell beating Papaw up, but he is loving it. Reading to Nolen and Mitchell

No comments: