Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thursday Night

Nolen's beaded hanger for Grandmother
We didn't get together last week to eat because it was so cold. This week we were all back and was glad Craig could join us. He has been working at nights and on weekends with the job he is on now. We had chicken fajitas, rice, brown beans, jalepeno poppers & cornbread. Blueberry and Apple muffins for dessert. The boys all had a good time being their rowdy selves. That is pretty much the only time Buddy (PaPaw) gets to see them, so he has to get his fill in, all in a few hours. Nolen spent the night with us. I know he loves his little brother, but sometimes he just likes to have his alone time. He was up at 6:00 which is my normal time to get up anyway. If I was to sleep past 6:00, Buddy would probably call the paramedics in to see what was wrong with me. I let Nolen play on the computer for 30 minutes this morning. You wouldn't believe how good he can work on a laptop. One night when he had spent the night here, I pulled up some games on Nick, Jr. and I think he has been hooked on them ever since. After computer time he ate breakfast (Papaw's Cheerios) Then he played with his cars and watched TV. By 11:00 he was ready for lunch and shortly after took off for the bedroom and was ready for a nap. When he woke up he asked if I still had those beads. In the fall of 2007 (he wasn't quite 3) he was with me camping, I had bought some of the bigger beads for him to play with while I was doing my beading. I can't believe what a memory he has for his age. Anyway, I still had some and he strung some on wire, and said he wanted to give it to Grandmother. He then was showing me his building skills with the legos.
We are glad to hear Jeremy is doing good in his basic training in the Air Force. I talked to Cande yesterday and she said he is doing much better. Other than not getting much sleep and not being able to enjoy his meals, he is doing ok. Sometimes they only get 3-5 minutes to eat their entire meal. He loves getting his mail from everyone and I know he would love to write to everyone, but he doesn't have the time to do it, and we all understand. I keep up with him through mom and Cande. Keep up the good work Jeremy. We miss you.

Some of Nolen's houses he built.


No comments: