Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

This hasn't been the greatest week, but things can only get better. On Monday I went on to the foot dr. to have him check my toe. He x-rayed it to confirm yes it was broke. Well, I pretty much knew that, just wanted to make sure I was taping it up right, because there isn't anything that can be done for a broken toe. While I was there I planned on talking to him about setting up a time to get my hammertoe fixed so I could get my orthodics made. He looked at me and said "Why don't we do it now?" I thought, Why not same foot, might as well while the broken toe was mending. I didn't even have time to think about it. So he gave me several shots of something to deaden my foot. Slit that toe and tie it back up. DONE! Now for problem #2. Two days later I got the crud. This is my third bout with it this winter and each time I have gotten sick was after going to the dr. for regular check ups for different things. Come home from the dr. and get sick, now what is wrong with this picture. Seems like there sure have been a lot of this going around this year. This too shall pass. That's why I didn't cook on Thursday night for the family.
Wednesday I made beef jerky for Jeremy and mom made him some cornbread and we shipped it to him. He got it yesterday and called to let us know how much he appreciated it. Those little things from home, mean a lot to him I guess. When he called mom yesterday to let her know he got it, he said he was headed to the mall on the bus. So at least he does get to get out some now.
On a fresher note. It was a beautiful day today. You can definately see signs of spring all around. The Bradford's are blooming and daffy's are up. The grass has really greened up this week, so that means I get to get back on my tractor soon. Buddy went to dad's and got his tractor to till the garden up. I haven't had a garden in probably 8-10 years other than tomatoes, so maybe I can save some $$$ by growing my own produce. Just hope it don't turn out hot and dry this summer. I always loved working in the garden but when it gets in the upper 90's I just can't take it like I did when I was in my 20's & 30's. So that was our week at the Sanford's.
Bradford trees are not completely full but well on their way.
Day lilies are springing up everywhere. Garden looks good after going over it several times These 3 pics are for Debbie and Susie


4 comments:

Kristin said...

YEAH for the garden! Could I suggest brocolli? Mitchell and I will help you take care of it! Hope you are feeling better!

Jamie said...

Kristin by the time the garden gets going you might not be able to bend over...lol...But I know a little four year old that will take your place...

Craftysis7 said...

Hope your foot gets better soon!!
Your new little dog is so cute!!
Love ya,

Sissy

The Bates Girls! said...

Aw the new dog is so cute! Be sure and save me some of those tomatoes and corn! I'll come help you harvest it. Hope you are doing better!

Love ya
Marty