Friday, April 3, 2009

Krystal Burgers & Philly Steak

This was a much better week than the past month has been. Finally getting over the crud and the toe is healing good. I was able to get back on the treadmill this week, and it sure felt good to sweat again. I haven't been on it for over a month, since I broke my toe. Plus, I was able to get back to reading. It usually takes me just over an hour to get my walk in and I read while on the treadmill. I have a hard time making myself sit down and read, unless I'm camping or in late afternoon sitting on the deck. So reading and walking works good for me.
Not sure how many of you like Krystal Hamburgers (or gut bombs) but I love them. Me & my dad used to go fishing on Friday's after he got home from work. He would always stop and buy a dozen Krystals and we would head to the lake. I found a recipe this week that tastes just like them. We made several of them last night to go along with the rest of the meal. I think everyone agreed that they were a close match. The rest of the meal was Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches and roasted red potatoes. Kristin made a delicious Amish Sweet Coffeecake type bread, that pretty much got devoured. After dinner since it was storming the boys didn't get to go out and play. They just played with their cars and then we played 3 rounds of bingo.
Okay, Kristin is 15 weeks pregnant. How far along do you think Craig is? I think he was pushing out a little, because he has lost weight. Looks like a Krystal burger to me. Boys eating their Krystals
Check out that Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich After dinner playtime.
Buddy was trying to get the boys to smile, they were looking at the camera but mom & dad were watching Buddy.

2 comments:

Craftysis7 said...

I believe Kristin is starting to show a little. I think Craig looks further along though, haha!! Krystals look yummy!! I need that recipe. Glad you are feeling better!!

The Bates Girls! said...

Oh wow, I believe Craig still has her beat! You are going to have to send me the Philly Steak recipe, Mags loves those! Glad you are finally feeling better. No fun to be sick. I told Jess I finally sent your book via Buddy, if you haven't gotten it it's probably still in his truck. Jess has been fussing at me for a while.