Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Camping Week

We left Sunday afternoon for another week of me camping at Defeated Creek. Craig brought Nolen by the house and we waited on Mitchell to wake up from his nap. Buddy had already headed up to set the camper up. The boys talked the whole way up there, talking about what they were going to do. When we got there it was too late to do much so we just hung around the campsite and they played, took a bike ride and then it was time to eat. We had taco's for dinner. After dark they were wanting to watch a movie, so I pulled out the couch bed and Nolen was asleep in no time. Buddy had to leave around 5:00 to go to work. After a good nights sleep the boys were awake at 6:30 ready to go. I had them watch a little tv while I was straightening things up in the camper. We were at the park by 7:30. They played there for about 1 1/2 hrs, and then we came back and ate breakfast. By then it was time to go feed the fish. We were down there awhile & I noticed Nolen starting to breath pretty hard. He had already had a treatment earlier, so called Craig and they were already on their way to spend the day. They gave Nolen another treatment and he seemed to settle down after awhile. The rest of us went to the lake and Jamie stayed in the camper with Nolen, but he was so upset she decided it wouldn't hurt him for a little while to play at the lake. They did have a good time for what little time they got to spend up there. Nolen had to go back home with them because I didn't want him having an asthma attack up there with just me & Mitchell. Different things trigger his asthma and it is so frustrating for him. He just wants to be normal. After they left Mitchell took a good nap and afterward we played outside. Buddy was working not far from where we were so decided to come on back and spend the night. We took Mitchell fishing and walking around to see the deer. Tuesday morning Kristin came up to spend the day & they left around 5:00. I had Wednesday & Thursday by myself. Did a lot of walking, crocheting & reading. Buddy came back up on Thursday night planning on having Friday off. He had some swelling come up in his neck and it was hurting him so he had to go all the way back to Nashville to his dr. So his day off was really not that at all. Craig brought the boys up Friday to spend the day. They left around 4:00. By Friday the weather was feeling really good. Saturday it was so cool we had to put on sweatshirts by the evening. Sunday we just sat out and read until time to pack up and come home. Another great week at Defeated Creek.
Headed to the park.
Fun at the playground




Feeding fish. Best Buddies Boys spending the day at the lake.







All 3 boys getting buried in the sand.

The wormie that was going to catch him the big fish. Showing me his fish that he caught. Every evening we would see over a dozen deer bedding down for the night.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hey Becky, looks like you all had a great time. Great pictures of the grandbabies!!!! I love your blogspot. I don't know how you keep up with everything. I do good to get on facebook, as you can see I've not been on my blogspot. I can eat away at time once I get on fb or checking out friend's blogs. It's fun though. I just wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful family and you are so blessed!!!! Take Care.