Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, DAD!!!!!!!

Father-Daughter Love
My daddy was my hero
For my very youngest years;
Daddy kept me safe and happy,
And he chased away my fears.
I watched in awe and wonder
At each manly thing he did;
Oh, I looked up to my daddy,
When I was a little kid.
My dad was still my hero,
As the years passed, one by one.
He taught important lessons,
And he took some time for fun.
He was my firm foundation;
On my dad I did depend;
He was always there for me,
My dad, my guide, my friend.
My father is my hero,
Now that I'm fully grown.
I love him and respect him,
The best man I've ever known.
I knew when I would marry
That my husband had to be
A great man, just like my father,
Dad, my hero you'll always be.
by, Joanna Fuchs
Dad's actual birthday isn't until Aug. 26th, but I'll be gone camping and wasn't sure if my air card would work, so I'm posting now. We had his 85th birthday dinner last night at my house. Salad, steak, twice-baked potatoes, corn on cob, green beans, mac & cheese, grilled veggies.

Instead of a cake, I made Oreo Creme Pie
Dad's pride and joy are his 4 great grandkids.

I am so blessed to still have my dad in my life. He has taught me so much and I'm still learning from him. He has definately slowed down and can't do what he used to, but he is now content with that. He is so full of wisdom, love, compassion, generosity and cares so much of others. Everyone I see that knows him, tell me what a wonderful person he is. Most days if he isn't watching the Braves play ball, he is out on the back porch reading. He loves being around his great grandkids and I'm so glad they have able to spend their young years with him.
Happy Birthday, Daddy
I LOVE YOU!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Kidd!!! We love you!