Friday, July 18, 2014

Indy to Lake Michigan Day 2

I think Buddy was as excited to go to Indianapolis Speedway as the boys were. In fact we woke up way too early. As it was, we woke the boys up way too early because we weren't real sure how long it would take us to get through the Indianapolis traffic, but there wasn't any. We were there an hour before we could even get in the museum. So we walked around the grounds awhile. Took way more pictures than I'm going to post. This is the entrance to the museum.


 I thought I was going to have to pick Nolen's jaw up off the floor when he first walked in and saw all the cars.




 The three of them had to kiss the bricks at start finish line. A tradition in Nascar after winning a race.
 This is the tower where all the media takes place during the race.
 Victory lane

 The room where drivers do interviews.
 Media room for during the race. Hundreds of tv monitors and cable hook ups.

 The track at one time was all Bricks at one time. This is all that is left since it was paved. This is the start finish line.
 Just can't describe how big the track actually is. It is 2 1/2 miles around. 
 We then drove 2 1/2 hours north to Michigan City, IN. I kept trying to tell the boys it looks like the ocean, but I don't think they believed me, until they actually saw it. This is a small lighthouse at the end of a pier where they were swimming.
 The water was quite a shock to them at first. It was very cold, but they got use to it pretty quick.



 After they got out, we walked to the end of the pier to the lighthouse.
 These are the Indiana Dunes, taken from the pier of where the lighthouse was. We were going to go climb them, but I knew the boys were tired and was afraid to overdo it. 



After we got back to the hotel, they swam and got in hot tub. Buddy went and got pizza. It is now 8:30 and they are in bed watching a movie, but I think they will be out before long. Tomorrow is Mitchell's birthday, and I told him I would let him sleep in. We are headed to the Amish country tomorrow and they were both so worried that there wouldn't be anywhere to stay that had electricity or food that they liked. 

No comments: