Sunday, August 26, 2012

New England Trip-Day 4












 We left the Atlantic City area this morning and got on the Jersey Parkway and about $12 later we arrived at the New York City area.    The Parkway skirted around the city and I tried my best to get a couple of shots off and this was the best I could get. This is the new towers going up.


                                                  Empire State Building
 We then had to pay $12 to get on the bridge to go over the Hudson River only to get to go through the wonderful area of Harlem.

 Not long after you are past all of the New York area, you are into Connecticut. My main goal after getting through New York was to find an Apple store or ATT store. I did find one and "Rosie" our GPS took us right to it. I was one happy girl to get my phone back working. They replaced my SIM card and I was on my way. It is terrible that I can't go one day without my IPHONE. By then it was lunch time and we stopped at a place that had really good burgers. There was a couple of lighthouses that I wanted to see in Conn, and the first one was......................
 Five Mile Point Light in New Haven, Conn. I took this shot along the road that we were traveling and then we passed these........
                                                         cool looking kites


 and drove all the way to the lighthouse only to find out that it was $30 to park if you were from out of state, so............ I said NO WAY....  here is a pic of the lighthouse from my book I had with me and we moved onto the next one on my list for the day and that was....................
 Point Judith Light in Rhode Island. I didn't think we would get to see much since it was on Coast Guard grounds, but they had the gate open where you could walk right up to it.
This is the coast guard house.
Not sure who started all this with rock castles, but there were several that were very unique.






 This was a bridge in Rhode Island going into Newport and we saw this..........
 house on rocks and also another..............
 lighthouse. This is Rose Island Light. After crossing over we were soon in..........
 Massachusetts. Tonight we are staying in Fall River. 
Tomorrow we will be in Maine. I am planning on having lobster for the next few days.

2 comments:

Captain Life said...

Okay this is to much. The lighthouses, bridges, tunnels, rock houses, etc. I would be real jealous and even mad if you had gone to the apple store in downtown New York and posted a picture of the Cube. Now that would be on my list to stop at.

Unknown said...

These look awesome! My favorite part is the rock castles. That's so neat!