Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 11 It's Over I'm Home

We left Winchester this morning around 8:00. Drove 250 miles to Wytheville, VA. There we met up with some friends and family. My cousin Beatie & Les (her husband) My cousin Mike's wife Nancy, our friends Debbie & Keith Spencer, and Doug & Susie Chambers. We ate at Cracker Barrel and just hung around and talked for a few hours. It was a great end to the trip to be able to meet up with them. It was still 350 miles home so we drove on. There was a campground we have been wanting to check out between Knoxville & Crossville. Caney Creek RV Resort, so we stopped by there and talked to the host for a while and looked around. We got home around 9:00 & unpacked. I hope you have enjoyed following along with our trip. The pony needs a good wash and long rest before she takes off again.
This is the bunch we met up with for lunch. From left side, Buddy, ME, Doug, Susie. Right side Keith, Debbie, Beatie, Les and head of the table Nancy
Sun setting in Tennessee as we were close to home.
Yes, that's right, we drove 3,310 miles in 10 1/2 days.
This is what happens when you are only gone 10 days. The blooms on these flowers only last for about 2-3 weeks and I've missed the most of it.
Garden is out of control

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I see the top speed is still 97.2. I guess thats a good thing that dad didn't go any faster! HAHA Glad ya'll had a good trip!

Jessica said...

I loved reading about your trip. Sounds like a fun time. See you in July! :)

The Bates Girls! said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Glad you made it back safely! If you need any help putting miles on the little car just call me and Mags and we'll take it for a spin to the ballpark like me and Jess did with your other one! It was the highlight of the week for them!