Saturday, September 10, 2011

Savannah & Tybee Island

I finally decided to stay in today and get some pictures uploaded. Monday after leaving Columbia, SC we drove to Savannah & Tybee Island. We mainly wanted to see the lighthouse before heading on down to the condo. We ate lunch at Sting Rays Seafood and was a big mistake to eat before climbing the stairs of Tybee Island Lighthouse
The lighthouse was built in 1866 and is 154 ft tall and there are 178 steps to the top. It was really hot and humid that day and I was sweating buckets by the time I got to the top.


But once we got up there it was worth it for the view,




The fresnal lens


We toured the lighthouse keepers living quarters.




Little girl toys


Boy toy








Across from the lighthouse is this fort




The trees are an amazing sight.


Driving through the streets of Savannah


I may do another post later today, if not I will finish updating when I get home. I'm having to do this old school way and takes quite a while



No comments: