Saturday, September 3, 2011

Virginia Part 1

We are going to my dad's family reunion this weekend in Virginia. He is the youngest out of 12 kids. It is now only him and one other brother, but there is going to be someone from all the siblings there. There will be over 100 people there. My plans were to drive up early Friday to Bluefield, VA to spend time with my long time friend (since we were babies) Debbie. I broke out in the hives Thursday night and kind of got a delay on Friday morning. When I got here I just was able to see her a little while Friday afternoon. This morning I did get to go and visit with her and her precious grandaughter Alex. The rest of my family all were here by lunchtime and it was off to Aunt Ruby's house. She had a wonderful spread for us. These people up here know how to eat. She made my favorite, chicken-n-dumplings. The best you ever had. Plus, she had tons of other food. I can just kick myself that I didn't get any pictures there, but just wasn't feeling up to par. The kids all went down the hill to the creek and played. Jamie took pics and I will have to steal them from here so I can share. This is the only one I got, because about the time I got down there the boys were way down the creek and it was about to storm.


Tonight we went to Debbie's to eat and boy did she have some good food. As you can see, my kids are the first in line. Thank you so much Debbie for sharing your home and letting the Sanford family crash there. You have that quiet little baby girl. Just wait until you get more.



Shelby had her very own real baby doll. This is Alex, Debbie's grandaughter. She is just precious. And my heavens, looks just like her dad when he was a baby.




















And then we tried to get a pic with the boys, all I can say is enjoy.

























No comments: