Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vacation Day 1-2

The condo we are at, I still can't load my pics since the computer I'm using don't have a place for my camera card and there is no wireless, so I can't use my laptop. I will have to write about what we are doing and log pics when I either find a wireless connection or when I get home. Yesterday we left Columbia, SC and drove to Savannah & Tybee Island. Ate a great lunch at a little seafood place called Sting Rays. We then went and toured the Tybee Island lighthouse. Walked to the top and there was a heat index of 101 yesterday and yes i was sweating when I got to the top. After leaving there we drove through the beautiful cypress tree covered streets of Savannah (I guess you will just have to imagine the pics) and drove on to Amelia Island, FL. When we left yesterday I sure thought we would be in rain here for several days. We only drove through hard rain for about 10 minutes. After we got here we just sat out on the balcony and watched the waves. It is a beautiful place here and not hardly anyone on the beach. This morning we sat out on the balcony drinking our coffee and watching a gentle rain while looking at the sun out over the ocean. It didn't last long and we took a walk on the beach and picked up seashells. It has been overcast most of the day, which is fine with me. Not sure what the plans are for tomorrow. I may go to Walmart tomorrow and get a CD with my pics so I can download them and post. A blog is just not the same without pics.

No comments: