Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home Again

We got back from Gatlinburg yesterday afternoon. We left the chalet around 10:30 and met up with Cindy and Bubba from church. The youth group comes up to ski at Ober Gatlinburg this time every year. They went up to ski early yesterday morning, and Cindy and Bubba stay down the hill in case anyone needed to come back for any reason. So we met up with them and walked around awhile. We found a neat little kitchen trinket shop that is new. Just had to buy a few things. I'm not a shopper but you put me in a store with kitchen trinkets, I'm a happy person. After that we went to http://www.bubbagump.com/ It was great, I had the shrimp sampler. We then walked back to where the kids were staying and sat around and chatted for awhile. Then headed home. Stopped at the Christian Book Store in Sevierville, to stock up on some books for my dad. He goes through them fast. I'm so glad that he is content to sit and read now. I don't think he had ever read a book through until he was 80 years old. Now he goes through them like crazy. We got home around 5:00 and unpacked. Went to pick our dogs up at Kristin's and came home. Thanks Kristin, John, and Mitchell for babysitting. There was one minor incident while we were gone. Kristin had to go bail Lexie out of jail. She had escaped through the fence and luckily someone picked her up and took her to the pound. Cost her nearly $50 to bail her out. I'm so thankful someone had the heart to take the time to pick her up and take her.
Our youth kids from church are somewhere in this pic
Pretty sunrise on the mountain
These two pics are of them making the snow on Ober Gatlinburg

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I want to stay at that chalet! I just had a great idea! You know it has to get boring with just you and dad there! Maybe next year you should take your wonderful son and his family and your beautiful daughter and her family! Wink Wink!

Craftysis7 said...

Hey Kristin that is a good idea and maybe they could ask their sister and her family too!! We would have a blast!! LOL!!

Hey Becky sounds like you now have a little dog with a record!!! I know you are glad they found her and I am sure the $50.00 was worth every penny!!