Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall Trip Day 6

Today I veered off course a bit from what was planned, but that is no surprise. We thought it was going to be a rainy day all day, and it did start out that way. Not many pics as it was mostly a travel day.
We drove all curvy backroads through Wisconsin.

Wasn't long and the sun popped out and ended up being a beautiful day.
The further north we drove the more the trees had turned. I drove the last 75 miles so Buddy could sleep, so I didn't get any pics of the bright red maples that I saw along the way.
We have been so lucky at the places we have found to stay on the water. I had no reservations or places that I planned on staying. That's what makes it fun to take a trip where you aren't tied down to a certain schedule.
Lighthouse several miles out from our room.

This is a tree next to our room. They are in full color up here.
Beautiful full moon over Lake Superior tonight
Tomorrow, depending on the weather, we are suppose to take a Lighthouse Cruise around the Apostle Islands. It is in the 50's up here and has been a bit cool for convertible riding. I'm loving the fall feel in the air. So sorry for you folks in Tenn. where it has been in the upper 90's.

1 comment:

JessicaBates said...

Aunt Becky, it sounds like you're having a great time on the trip! I know what you mean about not making reservations. That's what we did in Europe and it worked out really well. That way if we were in a town we liked, we stayed as long as we wanted. Gosh, you're making me want to travel!! Keep on posting pics, and have a great time!! :) Love you,
Jess