Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Trip Day 9

Today when we left Two Harbors it was still a little rainy, so we decided to move on and not go back to see Split Rock Lighthouse. As I said before we have been there and I have some good pics of it, so wasn't too hard for me to move on. Our plan (by many people insisting) was to go to Mall of America. We got there around noon, so first thing on our agenda was lunch. We checked out the map and decided on Ruby Tuesday. Now to find it was a different story. This place is huge. After we ate, I thought we needed to go shopping? HA HA. NOPE went straight to the Nickelodeon Amusement area.

This is a Pirate Ship adventure where you can walk planks, wires, swinging ladders. All of course with ropes tied to you. I know some little boys that would love to get loose on this.



Then we saw the Deago & Dora Bus ride. OOPS, can't forget Boots!
It was like a ferris wheel
This is Dora's Ferris Wheel
This was the Sponge Bob Drop that me & Buddy rode. If you double click on the pic and enlarge it you will get a better view of the real drop. Lot of flips and turns.
They had log rides
Backyardigans roller coaster

So many other rides, for kids. I just wish I had my grandkids with me. We need something like this in Nashville. That way I could take them to the Nickelodeon Area and their moms could go do my shopping. That would be a great trade out.
My favorite place was the Butterfly Room. You could go in and walk around. The butterflies would land on you or they would let you pick them up.
This one was on a girls shoulder when we walked in.


This is what it looked like before it opened up.
Of course I would have gotten one with injured wings.
Okay, so we were there for 3 hours. Only stores we went in were the Lego store, American Girl & Nickelodeon. I took a couple of picks of part of the mall but there was no good way to get even any idea of how big it is.
It is 4 stories high and close to 500 stores in it.
This is only one wing of the parking buildings that are around it.
After leaving the Mall we road down a route along the Mississippi River to Onalaska, WI
This was our route today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen that mall on t.v. and it looks massive! It's like a mile long they say, or maybe more. I saw a butterfly that was beautiful this morning, I couldn't get a picture of it, but it was beautiful. It made me think of you because you would always find them. They sure are beautiful! Looks like you guys are having a blast!