Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 6 (Part 2)

Seul Choix Lighthouse
Those of you that know me, know I HATE to have my pic made. Well there I am at the bottom of the lighthouse.

View from top of Seul Choix Lighthouse


Seul Choix Lighthouse



St. Helena Island Lighthouse




St. Iganace ligthouse





Mackinac Bridge (5 miles across)






This was taken from the desk I'm sitting at blogging.







We left Manistique this morning, and drove to Seul Choix Lighthouse (pronounced Sis-Swau) I was pronouncing it Soul Chow. What a great surprise this was. First of all I didn't think it opened until noon and when when we got there at 10 they were just opening it. It had a great video that we saw on the history of it. We toured the museum and walked to the top of the lighthouse








http://www.exploringthenorth.com/seulchoix/seul.html








From there we drove on along the coast and saw a few more lighthouses out on Lake Michigan on islands. We ate lunch at St. Ignace which is at one side of the Mackinac Bridge. Drove over the bridge to where we are now, in Mackinaw City. Today is our 32nd anniversary so we are going to spruce up a bit and go out to eat. Tomorrow we will take the ferry over to the island, rent bikes and ride around. For those of you that followed our blog last year you will be seeing some of the same pics as last year.








The last pic you see is where I'm sitting right now, can't get any better than that.

No comments: