Monday, May 11, 2009

Camping Week

I went camping at Defeated Creek last week. Buddy took the camper up on Sunday and got me all set up. Craig wanted to get the boys out of the house, so they came up Sunday for awhile. Buddy had to leave early Monday morning to go back to work. I knew it was going to be a rainy week, so I took plenty of crocheting, books and movies to watch. I walked in between rains. My internet didn't work so good up there so didn't get much use out of it. Saturday the kids all came up and spent the day. Kristin, John, and Mitchell got up there earlier and since I was low on food we went to the restaurant at the marina and ate. Mitchell then fed the fish around the boatdock. After Craig and his bunch got there the boys played in the rocks, splashed in mud puddles, fished, then threw rocks in the lake. I had to go to the grocery since I was out of food. I wish I had gone on Friday so I could have spent more time with them, but it was looking like Saturday was going to be a wash out, and thought they might not get to come. We grilled steaks, pork chops, chicken, had baked potatoes, corn and Texas Toast. Dessert was Krispy Kreme Donuts. Sunday me & Buddy went to find a Geo-cache that was in the area. If you don't know what it is, its like a scavenger hunt and you go online to http://www.geocaching.com/ put in the city where you are and will give you clues on how to find them. We then came back and got all packed up and came home. :(
Only saw two sunsets the whole week, this was earlier in the week
Trevor strolling along Craig, Trevor, and Nolen with their names written in the rocks.Papaw, Trevor (out front) Nolen, & Craig This would be our Drama Actor Splashing in the puddles Trevor playing in the rocks. John taking Mitchell's fish off the line. Proud of his fish he caught. Telling the fishy he needs to go back in the water with his mommy Nolen patiently waiting on a fish to bite
Trevor at the lake

Geo-caching (The button said "Two Old Crows Found this Geo-Cache") Tulip Poplar (Tennessee's State Tree)

2 comments:

Craftysis7 said...

Looks like you had a good time!!

Kristin said...

Thanks for letting us invade! The supper was fabulous!