Friday, May 1, 2009

Week in Review

I didn't cook last week for the family. Craig's boys were still recovering and John was out of town. Friday Buddy was able to take off of work and we got lots of yard and garden work done. He tilled my garden up and we planted everything on Friday. My squash, zuchinni, cucumbers and green beans are already up. Saturday we got the yard cut and few other projects that needed doing. Sunday our church had our service outside and then a picnic, games and fun. What a great day we had for that. After that we uncovered the pool and got it up and running. We put the fence around the garden to keep the dogs from running through it. I'll bet I'm the only person that has orange construction fence around their garden, but hey, so far it is working. Yesterday Kristin went to the doctor for her ultrasound, and the baby wasn't co-operating too well, but the nurse that did it said the baby was 80% sure a GIRL!!!!! Last night the family came to dinner: Grilled chicken topped w/diced tomato, onion and cheese, chicken wings, green beans, cream corn, grilled veggies, cornbread and apple dumplings w/ice cream. We then went outside for playtime and the boys flew the kite, rode bikes and had a water balloon fight. I'm leaving Sunday after church to go camping for the week. Buddy will take me up and get me set up and he will leave Mon. morning to go back to work. I have lots of baby afghans to get done between now and early fall. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a lot done while up there. Buddy will come back on Friday and we will come home Sunday. Not sure if my air card will get out up there, so probably no post next week.

Choosing their bike
Smiles before the race Balloon fight

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wish we were there! Where are you camping?