Friday, May 15, 2009

One week and counting until our trip to Maine

This has been a very busy week and next week will be even busier. That is how I like it before taking a trip because it doesn't make the waiting drag out. Monday I mowed most of the yard except the hill, just too wet. I kept Mitchell Tuesday morning, cleaned house and finished mowing. Wed. I went with Cindy to get the food for our luncheon we were doing on Thurs. for the sectional pastors in Middle TN. Came home and started prepping the veggies for the meal. Then I did the family meal Wed. night, burgers & fries. Thurs. was at church at 6:00 a.m. to start on the luncheon. All went well except one major disaster after it was over as we were cleaning up. I was filling the trash bag with leftover scraps and it tipped over and about a gallon of dressing splattered everywhere. Whew was a mess. Got home showered and it was off to Nolen & Trevor's end of year school program. They both did really good and were so cute. Hopefully Craig got some good pics. Today I'm headed to the garden to till between the rows and hoe around the veggies before the rains hit again.
As always me & Cindy have fun planning and preparing the meals. This time Pastor Andrew wanted something light and healthy. We had chef salads with choice of Ranch, Honey Mustard, or Oil & Vinegar dressing, croissants w/honey butter, and a delicious pitachio creamy dessert that Cindy made. And yes the salads were healthy until they added the cup full of dressing on them. :) I think we are officially known as the Life Assembly KPG's (Kitchen Patrol Geek's) It's all about planning, counting out exact amounts, and charting how we are going to plate the foods. We keep records and take pics of everything we do. Pastor Andrew was just cracking up over our chart and the numbers we taped in front of each bowl before plating the food. But, hey, it works.
Love this pic. Kristin is now 21 weeks pregnant. Over the next 4 months we should see some real growth in that tummy.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the pic of KK and Mitchy with his hand on her belly. It's so sweet. I bet you're getting excited about your trip to Maine; I can't wait to see your pictures. I hope you all have a great time! Love you.