Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 9 Still in Maine Part 1

Todays blog will be in two parts. We didn't travel many miles, but saw a lot. It was rainy again today and at first I was upset about taking the lighthouse pics in the rain and fog, but I have so many with blue sky I decided the fog today was pretty cool. This morning we went to a live web cam on Higgins Beach, Maine, that I have watched over the past couple of years. We called the grandkids and they all saw us on their computers. We went on and saw more lighthouses and I will report the rest of the day tomorrow night. Since we are still 1,200 miles from home and have to be back by Sun. I guess we better be moving on.
Cape Elizabeth.
Cape Elizabeth in the fog.

Portland Head Lighthouse.



Shores off of Portland Head Light.
Original Fresnel Lens before it was automated.
View from Light.
Spring Point Light.


Just love this pic of the boat in the fog. (This is for Craig & Nolen, big fans of "The Deadliest Catch"
Bug Light. It was raining as this was as far as we were going.

No comments: